If you are researching water softening solutions, chances are good that you have a hard water issue on your hands. Hard water is a result of calcium and magnesium build-up in the water supply. While it doesn’t necessarily pose a health risk, hard water can cause problems for plumbing pipes, appliances, and your water heater.
The right water softening solutions from the plumbing experts at Armor Plumbing can put an end to these unpleasant issues once and for all.
How to Determine If You Need Water Softening Solutions from Armor
Some signs pointing to hard water in your home include:
- Dingy whites and dulled colors after laundering clothes
- Stained rings inside the toilet you can’t remove by scrubbing with cleaners
- Chalky spots or residue on dishes after running the dishwasher
- Excessive buildup of soap scum in the shower or tub
- Decreased water flow from showerhead and/or faucet due to scales and build-up
- Low energy efficiency in water heater – or a water heater that is corroding and needs repeated repairs or replacement
- Itchy, dry skin and/or dull hair resulting from soap residue that doesn’t thoroughly rinse in hard water
- A hard water test showing your water contains more than 7 grains of “hardness” per gallon of water
At Armor Plumbing, we know how annoying hard water can be, and we have the time-tested water softening solutions you need to create a drastic improvement in your water right away.
What Kind of Water Softening Solutions Does Your Home Need?
Which type of water softener model is right for your home? It really depends on your budget and desired results.
A whole-home softener is ideal if you would like to treat the hard water problem everywhere you use water in your home. While it costs more than smaller single water inlet option, it is a comprehensive, hassle-free solution that covers your entire home’s running water without having to take up counter space.
On the other hand, if your primary concerns for hard water include just one or two areas of your home, such as the washing machine or dishwasher, then the more economical countertop models might make more sense for your situation.
Armor Plumbing technicians are happy to discuss with you the best water softening options available to help you find the model to meet your home water needs and budget. Connect with us online now to say goodbye to hard water in your home.